Honoring the Best of the Produce Industry's Front Line
The United Fresh Retail Produce Manager Awards Program pays special recognition to produce managers – essential workers on the front line in supermarkets – who work every day to increase sales and consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables. For 16 years, United Fresh has honored 25 of the industry’s top retail produce managers for their commitment to fresh produce, innovative merchandising, community service, and customer satisfaction.
Congratulations to this year’s Retail Produce Manager Award Winners:
- Michael Foint, Big Y Foods, Inc, Amherst, MA
- Freddie Dowell, Brookshire Grocery Company, Malakoff, TX
- Dave Baxter, Daniels Sentry Foods, Walworth, WI
- Jaleisha Freeman, Oceana Naval Air Station Commissary, Virginia Beach, VA
- Steve Kaluahine, Gelson's Market, Rancho Mission Viejo, CA
- John Hollenden, Giant Food Stores, Warrington, PA
- Paul Rosen, Good Foods Store, Missoula, MT
- Gabriel Cabrera, Grocery Outlet, Visalia, CA
- Clay Williams, Harps Food Stores, Fayetteville, AR
- Ricky Morrison, Harris Teeter Supermarkets, Charlotte/Harrisburg, NC
- Ronnie Minteer, Hy-Vee, Inc., Springfield, IL
- Brian Lowery, Jewel-Osco, Chicago, IL
- Christine Burton, Kroger Company, Shelbyville, IN
- Randy Davis, K-VA-T Food Stores (Food City), Gatlinburg, TN
- Maynard Miller, Martin's Super Markets, Nappanee, IN
- Tammy Joseph, Meijer, Cedar Springs, MI
- Kevin MacLeod, Metro Ontario Inc., Orleans, ON, Canada
- Bill Ryder, Publix Super Markets, Inc., Tullahoma, TN
- Michael Thomas, Raley's Family of Fine Stores, Carson City, NV
- Josh Smith, Rouses Supermarkets, New Orleans, LA
- Ken Marske, Schmitz's Economart, Spooner, WI
- Jose Garcia, Sprouts Farmers Market, Santee, CA
- Eduardo Queirolo, The Fresh Market, Aventura, FL
- Brad Franklin, Tops Friendly Markets, Towanda, PA
- Robert Fowler, Whole Foods Market, Chicago, IL
These winners were selected from hundreds of nominations submitted by retailers and produce suppliers across the industry. Nominations were evaluated on several criteria, including efforts to increase produce consumption through excellence in merchandising, special displays and promotions, community service and commitment to customer satisfaction.
All winners will be honored during the Retail-Foodservice Celebration at United Fresh LIVE! the week of June 15. In addition to their awards, five Grand Prize recipients will each receive a $1,000 cash prize!
We invite all of their corporate team executives and members, store associates and family and friends to also join in the celebration through United Fresh LIVE!, a virtual event platform where the Retail-Foodservice Celebration will be hosted in real time and further available on-demand.
The United Fresh Experience
During United Fresh LIVE!, winning produce managers will have the opportunity to discover innovative products and solutions. Retailers will experience the entire fresh produce supply chain from grower to consumer in an online environment that offers strategic insights, innovative solutions and new partnerships across the fresh produce supply chain.
The 2020 Retail Produce Manager Award Winners are the ‘best of the best’ in their profession. During United Fresh LIVE! they will be VIPs engaging with the produce industry’s top executives. Every manager can expect to expand grow their knowledge of their role in the success of the industry through participation on the platform.
Celebration of Excellence
The 2020 Retail Produce Manager Award Winners receive industry-wide recognition in trade publications, within their company, and online during the United Fresh LIVE! Retail-Foodservice Celebration, a live-streamed event where their colleagues, customers friends and family are all encouraged to attend – for FREE!
The 2020 Retail Produce Manager Award Winners have the opportunity to attend education programs with topics including marketing and trend research, in addition to solutions driving efficiencies and advancements in the produce supply chain through the United Fresh LIVE! platform. They will gain valuable knowledge and share this insight with customers when they return to their stores. The content will be on-demand, offering the opportunity for this year’s winners to share this new knowledge with their departments too!
The 2020 Retail Produce Manager Award Winners enjoy numerous opportunities to interact with the United Fresh community through daily events hosted on the United Fresh LIVE! platform. The exposition, meetings, receptions and other virtual engagements will allow the 2020 winners to get to know the people who bring their produce to market.
“It was such an amazing experience being a part of the United Fresh Show as a Retail Manager Award Winner! I felt so honored to be recognized and to be a part of the education panel. Thank you United Fresh and Dole for everything! This is definitely a once in a life time experience!”
Britt Woodall, Fred Meyer, 2019 Retail Produce Manager Award Winner
Thank you to our Program Sponsor, Dole Food Company
For more information about the Retail Produce Manager Awards Program, contact Spencer Crawford, Manager, Industry Relations at 202-303-3415.